Whiter, Brighter Smile
People often turn to teeth whitening to enhance their smile. It’s typically a simple dental cosmetic procedure with our in office or a take home kit. However, it is important to consider the possibility of sensitivity that can develop when whitening your teeth.
During your teeth whitening procedure your teeth can become sensitive to cold air or water. All patients experience different levels of sensitivity, but not to worry sensitivity only last 24 hours on average. Most dentist recommend that you use a sensitive toothpaste after your whitening procedure and to follow the tips below.
Tips & Tricks to achieving your brighter smile with less sensitivity:
• Book a Hygiene appointment before your procedure
• Use sensitive toothpaste 1-2 weeks before your appointment
• Some dentist would recommend Advil the day of
• Avoid cold drinks for the first 24 hours
• Follow your dentist’s instructions when using a take home whitening kit
• Limit the amount of food/ drinks that may stain your teeth like coffee or red wine. But if you can’t resist, brush right away!
Whitening is a great way to achieve a brighter smile. Visit or contact our office for more information on teeth whitening. We can’t wait to see you smile!
– Dr. Parekh